It's been a pretty eventful week for me, and stressful. With the disappointment of the failed flat purchase and the continued search for a new place to buy, and the discussion about a possible move to NYC, and the relentless drama with my friend, I've had a pretty full plate. But I feel good, like I've managed all this stuff, and managed it better than I ever would have before. For the first time that I can remember I haven't turned to food for comfort and that feels to me like a real breakthrough. I've continued to eat on plan and tried to remain aware of hunger and control the snacking, and I've also rocked the gym this week.
I'm doing Fat Bridesmaid's Lenten exercise challenge and I've got to be honest, it hasn't been full-on exercise every day, but the days I don't go to the gym I do 30 mins of walking instead, which may or may not count but I'd rather that than nothing. I'm all about grey areas!
We are looking at a couple of flats on Thursday. We decided we should look at the neighbouring area which is still walking distance to this neighbourhood we so desperately want to stay in. We figured if we can get a nice place that is bigger for the same money, it is a sensible compromise, as long as it's close to amenities and good transport links. So we'll see.
NSV - I went shopping for some new, smaller clothes for some retail therapy and got some compliments when I wore them. In fact, it has inspired 2 of my colleagues ask about South Beach and borrow my book!
I hope everyone is doing well. They say February is the hardest month so let's March into spring!!
Tuesday, 3 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

2 comments:
You are doing an awesome job! Congrats on your nsv and staying on track. Walking is definitely not a grey area, it's EXERCISE! :-)
Path to Health
that is so wonderful that you were able to deal with the stress and not comfort yourself with food. stress eating was always my downfall and I know how great it is to be able to deal with things without needing food. congrats on the NSV!
Post a Comment