Wednesday, 11 March 2009

HYC Check In - Week 10

I'm late! Hi all, hope you've all had/are having a great week. Mine has been crazy and not a good one on the weight loss front. I weighed in this morning with a 2 lb gain. It is a combination of TOM, catch up from a big loss last week, a couple of deviant food choices and a rich meal out last night I think. I'm a litte annoyed with it and with myself but not in a hair-tearing way.

TOM came at me with a real vengeance this month and I can only guess that is because of the stress of the last couple of weeks. I feel like crap. Isn't it funny how much a number on the scale can affect your mood so much? I know I shouldn't let it but I do actually feel yucky today, probably as much because of TOM as the gain but still. Last week I felt great and I was even strutting (and possibly even sashaying a little bit) around in my slinky new jeans and fitted tops and getting compliments. Today I didn't want to leave the house at all but when forced to I managed to slob around in loose jeans, a loose shirt and a sin-covering cardigan, and the only accessorizing I even considered was a paper bag for my head! I felt just huge and gross. Do you have those days ladies? I really hope it passes soon.

Enough of the moaning though. I do actually have good news. We agreed the sale on the flat we wanted! Hurrah! It went back and forth with negotiations for a while but in the end they took pretty much our original offer which is great. It's actually pretty generous of them and we are lucky. 2 other agents I mentioned it to (the one who is selling my dad's house and the one we were buying the previous flat with) both said it would be a great buy if we could get it in our budget. Fingers crossed this one proceeds to completion! We aim to exchange within the month and close/complete in 2-3 months total. The sellers are emigrating so they wanted 2 months to ship their stuff and get their affairs in order. We're excited, it's a great little flat and we're happy with the outcome. We had a nice home-cooked celebratory meal tonight. J bought really good steaks and made steak au poivre, roasted sweet potatoes and green beans, and we washed it down with some bubbly. I may see evidence of it on the scale tomorrow but it was worth it. We're saving the really good bubbly for when we move in though of course.

I can't wait to get things moving. You may be hearing a lot about colour schemes and furniture in the next few weeks. Just to warn you!

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hope you feel better soon. I've definitely had days where the only accessory needed was a paper bag over my head! LOL

Congrats on the flat, hope all goes smoothly.

Heather said...

sorry your weighin didnt go as you had hoped, but its just TOM and things will go back to normal when its over. some weeks are definitely harder than others. congrats on the flat!!!!

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.