Tuesday, 2 September 2008

HYC Check In Week 35

OK, so how fickle am I?! I rejoined WW today! I decided I missed it and wanted to give it another chance. I had been thinking about it a little lately and then my (former) WW buddy (hereafter known as WWB) at work talked me into it today. She has been struggling trying to do it on her own and I have not exactly been the model of good eating behaviour lately nor finding it easy. We both decided then and there to just sign up again and we are going to a WI and meeting together tomorrow. I have been learning some things I needed to learn on my own in the last month but I'm finding it hard to find my focus and my motivation lately and as WWB pointed out, I did my best work with WW! I was being silly about it and decided I didn't want to spend the money any more but when I broke it all down, it's not a lot of money, it was just a lame excuse I was using. I think it's pretty appropro that I use the relationship analogy for WW, because this is how fickle and neurotic I really am with relationships too!

I've had the kind of week that is typical of my weeks lately. Doing pretty well in general, and definitely being perfect or almost perfect during the week, but come the weekend it's like I am possessed by a really hungry and snacky "don't give a shit!" woman. What is that about?!! I need to really work on changing that. On the positive side, I am doing much better with portion sizes and trying to pay attention to my hunger signals, and have been doing great with exercising. I'll count that as 2 NSVs.

Last weekend didn't go so well. TOM was looming and I ate like a fiend. But, J and I were fighting and he had to go to Germany for the day on Saturday for work so I was alone with my thoughts and I didn't eat myself into a coma, which is a big NSV. I wasn't exactly the poster child for good eating but it could have been so much worse, all things considered. I went to the gym for about 2 hours in the morning and made myself really good healthy meals - taking advantage of J being out of town and cooking a couple of dishes that I like but he doesn't . I also baked him banana cupcakes with chocolate frosting as a peace offering and didn't eat more than a half of one for tasting. But then again I snacked like every 30 seconds!

I weighed myself yesterday and was up about a pound from last week but am blaming TOM. It'll be interesting to see how things look scale-wise at an official WW WI with a real grown up scale! It won't be pretty but the idea is to think positive and think forwards. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Heather said...

thats a great NSV! you should be proud. and thats great you went back to WW, I hope you find success and the support you need with it this time around.

Anonymous said...

I guess absence really does makes the heart grow fonder! Sounds like you two just needed a "break". LOL

Good luck rekindling your old flame! Its really great that you have a WW buddy right at work too! That will probably make a huge difference! =)

Trisaratops said...

TOM gets me every dang time! And I turn into a sugar craving beastie! I hope WW feels better this time around!

SeaShore said...

Good luck back on WW! I hope it works out well for you.

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.