I also attempted to do the Points plan for a week and only made it for a day and a half! I really thought it would be a good exercise for me to try and shake things up a bit but it was bad news from the get-go. To start with, when I did the quiz to set my daily points allowance I was shocked to find I was only allowed 19 a day. When I started the programme 3 months or so ago I was given 21 so I immediately felt conned! I remembered how I fell off the plan years ago, I felt like I was being punished by being allowed less food the more weight I lost. That and the fact that I was STARVING all the time, I just didn't feel like I was getting enough food. So on Wednesday I was excited because I had sushi for lunch and was looking forward to having pizza one night later in the week, but by Thursday lunchtime I was feeling hungry and disillusioned. Then I looked at my food tracker for those 2 days and noticed 2 things:
- Apart from the sushi, my foods were pretty much Core plan because that's how I eat all the time, and that's why Core works so well for me
- I didn't feel like I was eating as healthily because I wasn't getting the amount of fruit I was on Core, since I never seemed to have enough points left for more snacks
In other news, we finally found a flat! Yay! It's a really nice place and we're excited. We move in in 2 weeks, fingers crossed. It means I finally get my evenings back, which is very cool. I've hardly had a moment to blog or catch up on blogs so apologies for not keeping up with everyone lately. Hope everyone is doing great and thanks for all the great and supportive comments.

2 comments:
im sorry you had a disapointing weigh in, but I think your leader is right, it is probably mostly sodium. increasing your water intake and eating less processed foods will probably help.
that is my biggest complaint about WW points when I Did WW a few years back..I was hungry all the time, and you get so few points! definitely not enough to sustain anyone, and the last thing you watn is to decrease your metabolism so much that you hang on to every thing you eat and gain as a result.
I know nothing about WW, so I can't really help you there, although I'm all for a program that gets you to eat more fruit and veg and drink more water.
I'm glad you have a plan of action and I hope this works well for you. Well done on keeping it together for Valentine's Day.
Yay for the flat! I hope you'll be very happy there...
Post a Comment