This next part is long overdue but I have been too busy to get pictures off my camera. These are from the Sunday lunch at my friends' house 2 weekends ago. I just wanted to show off the fantastic food we were fed there.
They are both wonderful cooks and besides the puff pastry and goats cheese that I used some flex points for, everything was OP. Well, maybe not the dessert which was an extremely alcoholic lemon syllabub! I actually didn't eat all of it as I was driving and was convinced it was strong enough to send me over the legal limit! There was also a home made carrot cake but I said no thanks and just had coffee.
I wish I could boast of such successful cooking adventures myself but I feel like a bit of a failure in the kitchen this weekend. I made 2 recipes from WW's online recipes but they both turned out less than wonderful even though I followed the recipes exactly so I'm not sure I will try any more. I've cooked from their books before and those have turned out great but I'm a little skeptical about the measures in the online recipes now. Yesterday I made a beef Lyonnaise casserole but even though I used the exact measure of stock it asked for in the recipe it came out really wet. Today I tried a fish and chips recipe that replaced breadcrumbs/batter with instant polenta, which I was very curious about, but it was just weird. I think I might stick with the books and conventional recipes for now. I'm lucky that J likes to cook and is a good cook too. We share the cooking and often cook together. I can't wait until we move in together, I really think it will make things easier. He doesn't know this yet but I'm hoping that he will cook on my gym nights so I can eat as soon as I get back and not necessarily just the quickest thing I can throw together, as is my routine right now. I'm also thinking we should get a slow cooker/crock pot for those nights. I just can't wait to get settled.
Anyway, I'm pleased to be back on track and hope it will last without too much trouble. I also hope it will show on the scales and elsewhere. My only foreseeable struggle this week will be Chinese New Year, I have a family dinner on Wednesday. It might not be too bad though as it's the evening after my weigh in and while I'm not going to deprive myself and be a party pooper I won't have to go too crazy.
I'm just reading this post back and it's kind of a mish mash! I think I've got post gym high or something, my brain is in a muddle and I'm rambling! I'm going to sign off before I start rambling about something else.
I hope everyone is doing okay. Especially everyone who has also been a bit wobbly lately. If we start to jump back on the wagon and hold out a hand to help the others up, there should be enough room for all of us on it!!
I wish I could boast of such successful cooking adventures myself but I feel like a bit of a failure in the kitchen this weekend. I made 2 recipes from WW's online recipes but they both turned out less than wonderful even though I followed the recipes exactly so I'm not sure I will try any more. I've cooked from their books before and those have turned out great but I'm a little skeptical about the measures in the online recipes now. Yesterday I made a beef Lyonnaise casserole but even though I used the exact measure of stock it asked for in the recipe it came out really wet. Today I tried a fish and chips recipe that replaced breadcrumbs/batter with instant polenta, which I was very curious about, but it was just weird. I think I might stick with the books and conventional recipes for now. I'm lucky that J likes to cook and is a good cook too. We share the cooking and often cook together. I can't wait until we move in together, I really think it will make things easier. He doesn't know this yet but I'm hoping that he will cook on my gym nights so I can eat as soon as I get back and not necessarily just the quickest thing I can throw together, as is my routine right now. I'm also thinking we should get a slow cooker/crock pot for those nights. I just can't wait to get settled.
Anyway, I'm pleased to be back on track and hope it will last without too much trouble. I also hope it will show on the scales and elsewhere. My only foreseeable struggle this week will be Chinese New Year, I have a family dinner on Wednesday. It might not be too bad though as it's the evening after my weigh in and while I'm not going to deprive myself and be a party pooper I won't have to go too crazy.
I'm just reading this post back and it's kind of a mish mash! I think I've got post gym high or something, my brain is in a muddle and I'm rambling! I'm going to sign off before I start rambling about something else.
I hope everyone is doing okay. Especially everyone who has also been a bit wobbly lately. If we start to jump back on the wagon and hold out a hand to help the others up, there should be enough room for all of us on it!!

3 comments:
Your friend's food looked great! I'm also not gifted in the kitchen - all the more reason for us to go raw!
Well done for being on plan and accountable!
glad you are back on track and had a great week. the food looks amazing!
Read your title and I had think - this is some else blog not mine.
Well done on getting back - see you next week!
Post a Comment