Wednesday, 27 February 2008

HYC Week 8 Check In

I'm late checking in again! It's been another hectic week but successful as far as the weight loss goes, I'm pleased to report. I lost 3.5 lbs this week and...wait for it...reached my 10% goal! Oh yes! Weightwatchers likes to reward this milestone with a medal - actually, a silver coloured key ring. Which is timely since I will be receiving a new set of keys on Friday.

The week has been a fairly easy one on program. I had a couple of moments at the weekend but nothing I couldn't handle. Like Friday night when I really wanted a couple of bites of J's chocolate tart so I had them, and that was good, the bites were enough and I knew I could "afford it" so I didn't beat myself up. I didn't go to the gym at all because I've been sick though. Hopefully I'll be 100% well enough to start up again sometime next week. I've tried to do some walking so that I'm not doing no exercise at all and it's been nice since we've had surprisingly (cold bu) sunny days lately.

So J and I move into our new flat on Friday which should be exciting but right now is just stressful. I have not moved out of my house in 10 or so years so you can only imagine the amount of crap I've accumulated. Sorting through it is no fun at all, let me tell you. I have donated 5 sackfuls of clothes and I haven't even begun with the shoes yet! But the one fun part of it was finding clothes I'd forgotten I had because I haven't been able to fit into them for some time. It's like having new clothes!

This coming week will be all about concentrating on the move. We'll be moving all weekend starting Friday and then I'm sure unpacking and settling in will be all consuming after that. It does mean I won't be going out much so I expect this week to be a good one on plan, hopefully. Apart from tomorrow which will involve a leaving lunch for a colleague, dinner out (I promised J Mexican) and then birthday drinks for a friend. I feel like I can be good though.

One final thing. A new goal. This week we've been talking about the dates for our next trip back to the States (because we don't have enough to think about with moving house!) and it's looking like mid-May. This gives me about 10 weeks to lose another stone (that's 14 lbs) which is, I think, a realistic goal. That would put me at around 30 lbs lighter than the last time everyone over there saw me which is significant enough to turn a few heads I think. I just need to stay focused and I know I keep saying it but I honestly think it will be easier once we've moved in.

Wish me luck. And if you don't see me for a while, look for me under a big pile of boxes!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

wow congrats on your loss and making to 10%! Im so happy for you.

good luck with your move!

HappyBlogChick said...

Congrats on your loss, and congrats on hitting the 10% mark. THat's a HUGE milestone. That's where you really begin to see the health benefits of losing weight. Hooray!

Keep up the good work and good luck packing.

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.