Phew! I did have a loss this week - 1.5lbs, which is great, that's what I'm hoping for, a steady 1-2lbs a week. I think there was still a little catch-up from the holiday madness which is why I was worried there wouldn't be a loss at all but looks like I dodged it, at least in part. So I'm pleased.
I had a nice dinner out tonight with J and a good friend of mine. We went for Indian, which is pretty much diet suicide, and there was a little devil on my shoulder telling me it would be ok to have a bit of a blowout right after WI and to treat myself a little but I tried to be strong. I did have a little tiny bit of naan bread (evil evil stuff!) and a little rice but I ordered grilled chicken and just a vegetable curry so I allowed myself a little something but didn't go nuts and I'm happy with that.
I do have a big week coming up though, and I hope I can stay on track. I'm eating out again tomorrow night before the theatre. Then I have a hen night on Saturday and we're going to a great restaurant (Kettners) but at least they have the menu online so I can pre-plan. I also won't get to the gym until Sunday at the earliest, which is a pain.
But, aside from the good result at WI I also had a NSV today, actually the same one twice! Two people commented that they could tell I've lost a little bit of weight. It's always nice to hear it but it's especially encouraging the first time it's noticeable. And it was well timed because I was feeling a little crappy about not being able to feel it or see it yet. I guess I should start taking pictures to compare. Does anybody else do that? How often do you do it? Every month? Every 10lbs? I really wish I had taken some measurements too because one of the friends particularly noticed a difference in my arms, and I credit that to a lot of work on the rowing machine (as well as some weight training). I recently put on a top where the sleeves are fitted and used to be tight enough that it would be painful by the end of the night if I wore it on an evening out and there would be a red ring around my upper arms when I took it off at the end of the night. It wasn't only looser, it actually hung down. I was thrilled but really wish I had measured. Tonight, after commenting on my arms my friend then saw me when I stood up and said she noticed it from my hips and middle too. I was so glad I saw her tonight!
I'm also feeling much better now, cold wise. Thanks for the well wishes from you guys. I still have a little bit of a cold but I don't feel as bad and hopefully will be 100% better by the end of the week.
Wednesday, 9 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(113)
-
▼
January
(22)
- Mr Scale and I are no longer on speaking terms
- HYC Week 4 (Take 2) Check in
- Exhausted
- Mr Scale is a meanie
- HYC Week 4 Check-in
- NSVs
- I love me
- Setbacks and getbacks
- I made it!
- I'm so confused
- Reflections on my week
- It's all gone pear-shaped!
- Weigh in
- Feeling icky and anxious
- Uh oh!
- Tonight's supper
- Healthy You Challenge intro
- Challengetastic!
- I'm having a fat day
- A rest is as good as a holiday!
- Facing the music
- HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
-
▼
January
(22)
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

6 comments:
Good job on the weight loss. Glad you are feeling better.
awesome! congrats on your loss, your NSVs, and eating out and making it work for you. why is it we always want to indulge after a great weighin?! we have to enjoy our victory and not reward ourselves with food.
Well done on the loss this week. You're right, a steady weekly 1-2 pound loss will get you to your target!
Sympathies with all the restaurant outings. I'm sure you'll make the best choices and be extra conscientious the rest of the time.
As for the pictures, I quite like the idea of doing them every 10 kg, which is when a change will be noticable. Measuring is reported to be great (I haven't done it yet), because you appreciate how you're body is changing through exercise.
Glad to hear the cold is on the wane.
Keep up the good work!
congrats on your loss! I recommend taking pictures so you can see the changes!
Congrats on the loss & your NSVs-- and good luck with your upcoming week. It's great that you are thinking it through beorehand and preplanning!! Enjoy!
Yay for the loss and the NSVs - you are doing so well!
Post a Comment