I went to the gym again today but started to feel... not right, in the middle of my workout on the rowing machine. I was tired but not physically, it was more like the anticipation of being tired and sore. I'm sure this isn't making much sense but the bottom line was, I realised I had to start being sensible and not pushing myself too hard or I would be headed for a burnout. I read Tigerlilly's blog where she talks about forcing herself to take a rest day in between workouts and this is how I felt I guess. I've been going every day because I can leave work early this week and get to the gym before it gets too rammed so I'm trying to take advantage of that, and I also anticipate not having good workouts in the next couple of weeks because of January overcrowding. I hate sharing my gym!!
So I ended up doing 3km on the rower and calling it a night, no weights or floor exercises, I'll do that tomorrow. I came home ravenous of course, and cooked a nice dinner of baked salmon, couscous and asparagus. And then allowed myself to do nothing much for the rest of the evening, just chatted to friends, read blogs and smiled. I'm feeling much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(113)
-
▼
January
(22)
- Mr Scale and I are no longer on speaking terms
- HYC Week 4 (Take 2) Check in
- Exhausted
- Mr Scale is a meanie
- HYC Week 4 Check-in
- NSVs
- I love me
- Setbacks and getbacks
- I made it!
- I'm so confused
- Reflections on my week
- It's all gone pear-shaped!
- Weigh in
- Feeling icky and anxious
- Uh oh!
- Tonight's supper
- Healthy You Challenge intro
- Challengetastic!
- I'm having a fat day
- A rest is as good as a holiday!
- Facing the music
- HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
-
▼
January
(22)
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

No comments:
Post a Comment