Tuesday, 29 January 2008

HYC Week 4 (Take 2) Check in

This is not a happy reflection on a tough week for me. But reading all the blogs I have this week (which, I confess, is not as many as I should be because I haven't had a lot of time), it seems I am not the only one. So many of us seem to be plateauing, or gaining without reasonable cause, or just hitting a rough patch with our weight loss programmes. Is this normal? Is this perhaps why the new year newbies start to give up around the end of January, the explanation for why the gym and Weightwatchers meetings start to thin out?

The other observation was, we don't seem to be falling off the wagon, and that is great. Fighting the frustration is just one of the obstacles, the key is to not let it beat you, and I'm so proud of us for doing that.

Let's hope we all have some good news next week!

6 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

January is tough for me because I'm stuck indoors so much. A nibble here, a nibble there, and before you know it, a full blown splurge. This year has been different because I'm exercising and still losing, if slowly, and because I'm focused on healhtier eating because it's the right thing to do, not just to lose weight. I think a lot of former "dieters" have had that same lightbulb pop up over their heads and that's why we see people hanging in so well.

Hope you have a better week!

Heather said...

I am sorry to hear you are struggling and had a rough week. that is completely natural and no one ever said that losing weight was easy. its the hardest damn thing ever. and i hate when people look at overweight people and think, man they are so lazy, etc. when in reality, I think that people who are overweight and working hard to change their lives are the most hardworking people I have ever met, moreso than someone who is thin and making those comments.

so hang in there, work through some of the struggles you have, set yourself up for success this next week (plan meals, journal meals, drink your water, exercise), and you will succeed.

HappyBlogChick said...

Yay you ... yay *US* ... for not falling off the wagon, and yay for fighting the frustration.

I do think the frustrations are normal this time of year. Good for you for sticking with it.

Swizzlepop said...

I totally agree and have been seeing a pattern. It seems like these issues come in waves for a lot of us. I'm really hoping for a loss wave to come by soon and stay for a while. :)

Anonymous said...

I find it so hard to keep going when the scale doesn't reflect my hard work so I can certainly relate. It's hard to remember that even losing a 1/2 a pound a week amounts to 26 pounds a year...that was what my doctor said to me today. Thanks doc.

Here's to not falling off the wagon, fighting the frustration and having a fabulous week inspite of the obstacles!

Hanlie said...

I really believe that that is what separates the winners from the losers. The losers give up when the going gets tough, while the winners grit their teeth and power on!

Well done for being a winner!

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.