Wednesday, 2 January 2008

Facing the music

And of course by the music I mean the scales! I had to make myself go to weigh in today, drag myself. I was feeling pretty crappy expecting to see a 5 lb gain or something, but knew I had to answer for myself so I did it. I'm glad I did too. Not actually because the news wasn't nearly as bad as expected - I gained half a pound which really is nothing considering - but because I was holding myself accountable for my actions instead of running away and being in denial and that felt good.

I am completely back on track today and feel very positive so it's all good. I feel quite confident that I can have a good week and move on. I really do lose the plot when I don't have my daily routine, I switch to "vacation mode" far too easily. But being back at work already feels different and it hasn't been a struggle like it was just yesterday.

I had a good breakfast when I got to work this morning, bought myself a core lunch after weighing in, took some liberties while it's still quiet at work and took off early to go to the gym where I cycled for 45 mins and then shopped on the way home for some fresh veggies and chicken for a yummy stir fry for dinner.

I'm holding my head up high now, a heckuva lot higher than it was when I started out this morning. At some point today I said to myself, "I will get to goal this year". This time it will not be enough to lose some of the weight and then stop, this time it will be all the way, no excuses. That is the way forward.

No comments:

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.