Tuesday, 15 January 2008

Reflections on my week

Let's face it, it has not been a good weight watching week! I am dreading getting on the scales tomorrow. But you know, I haven't been to the gym because I was sick, and I haven't eaten well because I was spending time with friends I haven't seen in a long time and celebrating a very special occasion, so when I look at it that way I don't feel so bad. It's not like I had a big blowout and ruined my week for no reason. I'm back on plan now and any setbacks will be temporary. I'm sure I won't feel this logical when I'm facing a giant + sign after I get on the scale tomorrow but I need to take responsibility for it and move on.

The debaucherous weekend completely threw me. Yesterday started off so well, I was completely OP all day until I got to J's ready to cook dinner with him and we discovered his whole street had no water because of a burst mains. It meant we had to go out to eat and went to our favourite burger place up the street. Since I've been doing WW I've been good when we've gone there and ordered a burger without the bun and with extra salad and steered clear of the fries and their amazing homemade garlic mayo, but I don't know what came over me yesterday, I was too tired to fight it and ordered a big fat burger! I ate it all and had some fries and mayo. I didn't even feel any guilt or remorse!

Next week will be better. I didn't get to the gym as planned tonight because I left work late and by the time I got there it was full to bursting, so I brought my stuff to J's and plan to go before work tomorrow. It's a very rare occurrence! J starts work an hour earlier than me so if I stay at his place (which is also a lot closer to my office) and leave the house with him I have time for a workout. I don't want to let the resolutions crowd and daily circumstances completely ruin my plans so I am going to adapt and get there.

More cooking next week too, planning and cooking are key!

Wish me luck for tomorrows WI, hope there aren't too many tears! Have a great week everyone.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I agree...after you eat off plan for a while, its hard to get back on track. but the sooner you do, the better and easier it is. after xmas I and I ate really bad for 2 weeks, I just jumped back on plan and after a few days and after all the processed junk left my system, I was under control again, and I know you will be too.

dont you worry about what the scale says. even if its up, you know WHY and even though you may not like it, you have control over whether or not that changes.

Hanlie said...

The past is the past, and the important thing is to catch that wagon and get right back on it!

You CAN do it!

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.