Wednesday, 16 January 2008

I'm so confused

So I had a (not unpleasant) surprise at WI today. I was down 4 lbs. Huh???!!!!! I had a terrible week food wise and have not been to the gym all week, how did that happen? I went to an early morning WI instead of my usual lunchtime one today so I asked my leader if that might have affected it and she said, "Maybe a pound at the most, not 4". We both think it might be catch up from the previous week since I'd been really good and only lost 1.5 (because at that point I went into confession mode and sang like a canary about my debaucherous weekend!). Now if it's true that my body likes to calculate a week in arrears, that means I'm screwed next week!! But I'm going to be really good this week and get back to the gym and hopefully get it to even out a little.

Speaking of the gym, I got up early and set off for a good cardio session this morning but my journey to work was completely buggered when the tube I was on broke down and I (and the squillion or so other people on the same broken train) had to take the bus which took over an hour so I never made it. But that's also why I weighed in at the early class, the bus lets me off right outside the place so I figured I might as well get it over with. I fear I'm destined to not get to the gym again this week but I'm going to keep on trying. Tomorrow morning I will make my third attempt. Third time's the charm they say!

By the way, I am pre-menstrual and I just said no to a piece of chocolate. Can I claim that as a minor NSV?

7 comments:

Felicia said...

WOO HOO Congrats on your loss!! Sounds like you are doing wonderfully!!!

Hope you have had a wonderful day!!
*huggles*
=0)

Heather said...

congrats on your weigh in and YES that is an NSV! any sort of victory you have over food and pushing yourself to overcome temptation is definitely a NSV.

celebrate your 4 pounds and dont worry whether or not the time of the day af fected your weigh in. its a loss!

Lidian said...

That's a definite NSV! Congrats - 4lbs is amazing, well done!

Hanlie said...

Hi Poonie! That's a major NSV! Well done! I can differ up to two pounds from morning to evening, so yes, I think that played a role. This week you'll just have to be ruthless!!!

It's frustrating when you can't get to gym! As you say, third time lucky!

Krissie said...

Rock on denying the chocolate control over you! It is such a victory! It builds your confidence that yu can do it next time too!

If I determine my success on my weight only, I am always depressed, frustrated, and unmotivated. I have to base my success on the pants I can wear, the minutes I can do on the elliptical. And my weight will eventually even out.

I'm just glad you're not using a huge loss to back off and do things half-way.

Be proud of your loss!

Anonymous said...

I'm on WW too, and I have to say: weigh-ins can be mysterious things. Congrats on the weight loss this week!

Diana Swallow said...

Congrats on your excellent WI!! So you didn't really do a lot of the right things and you got a great loss...this is something you need to remember when you do everything right and you don't see a loss. I don't know why these things happen, consider it a gift from the diet gods and hold tightly to that loss!!

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.