Tuesday, 6 January 2009

HYC Check In - Week 1

Happy Healthy You New Year everyone! Week 1, wow! Hope everyone has had a good start to 2009.

I started my new eating regime on 1st January and went at it with gusto and it's been going well so far. I was really enthused for the first couple of days but the last couple of days I've been feeling really crappy. It's supposed to be normal to feel this way though, and I think in my case it's partly the timing because TOM is looming, possibly combined with January blues because I went back to work this week. I'll tough it out but it doesn't feel like it's working. I feel huge and horrible! And I have got into the sweet craving phase now. I really wanted something sweet last night and then today there was a birthday in the office, near my desk too, so people were walking around me carrying cake and sweets and I wanted to cry when I got a chocolate waft at one point.

I know it'll pass. Hopefully soon. After the first 2 weeks on strict phase one I'm going to re-introduce fruit into my diet, that's the only thing I really miss and can't live without, and it's good for you which is a big bonus! I guess not being a sweet tooth fruit is my only sweet treat. Although I don't see it as a treat so much as a necessity. But I would kill for a bowl of blueberries with vanilla yogurt right now. I'm not kidding!

Thursday is the day I weigh and measure myself. I'm not expecting much change but I hope I won't be disappointed. If I am I'll have to just tough it out because it might be TOM's fault, it might be different the next week. I'm feeling frustrated and impatient and generally poohey, not to mention hungry. I need to have a little more faith and patience.

How is everyone else doing? Good kick off?

2 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog - that was hilarious!!!

I just added your blog to my list of must reads...can't wait to read more about your journey!!!

Jen, a priorfatgirl

Heather said...

I know the feeling! it is so depressing to have to go back to work after the holidays with nothing to look forward to. but each day that passes on your new plan, you will get stronger and soon it will be 2nd nature.

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.