Seriously, these HYC weeks just fly by! I'm back home in London now and today was my first day back at work (you gotta love holiday weekends!). I like being back in my normal routine. I never liked to admit that I am such a creature of habit but I guess I am!
I do feel much better now that I am eating better. No offence at all to my American friends as I love it there and love the eating but the food over there really has sent me all out of whack. I always forget just how much it happens, even though I have spent so much time there over a number of years. Everything tastes much sweeter or saltier than I am used to and the portions are frightening. It's difficult for me. I know I don't have to eat it but I don't like to waste food so although I never finish my meal (I've never ever managed to finish a meal in a US restaurant) I still always eat more than I need or should. I also eat a lot more red meat than I would normally do at home, because it is so good! The beef there is amazing, and I do try to get it while I can and eat too much of it. (Speaking of which, if you ever find yourself in Milwaukee and want a good burger, go to Elsa's, they are amazing - although I don't think any of the burgers I had anywhere were bad.) I had a strange feeling yesterday, it was hunger! I realised I had been eating on a full stomach pretty much the whole 2 weeks I was away and had actually forgotten what it felt like to be hungry! Part of it was being on vacation and having a ton of people to get together with, you are not totally in control of where and what time you eat, etc. It was all great but I'm glad it's done with for now.
I don't think I'll be able to make it to WW for weigh in tomorrow as we have a company meeting with the CEO that I can't miss and the day will be so busy catching up from vacation that I doubt I'll be able to leave the office any of the days this week, my evenings are spoken for. If I don't make it I'll weigh myself at home tomorrow and make sure I get to a meeting next week. I'm crossing my fingers I can dump this 7 or so pound gain by next week.
YAY! item - I started tracking all my food again. Tracking really helps me, I think one of the reasons I've been struggling lately is because I haven't been doing it, at least not fully because we didn't have internet at home. I have to retrain myself to do it religiously at work and home.
BOO! item - I didn't make it to the gym today, I had to work late. But we got our official notice of "summer Fridays" at work which means we finish at 3pm every Friday until the end of August, so I'll kick start myself with a really good session on Friday.
I'm really determined to lose some more before summer comes around properly. I bought a couple of "shrink into" clothes in the US to measure with. That's my favourite affirmation as far as measuring success goes. I love that feeling when you fit into a piece of clothing that I previously couldn't get into, it means much more to me than what the scale says.
Monday, 26 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

4 comments:
I find that I pick at my food at a restaurant. I might not finish at first, but after we're sitting awhile I start to eat again. Luckily, I don't eat at restaurants often. I think of my eating at a restaurant as a treat, an occasionally thing and it doesn't get me down. I also eat at ethnic restaurants and their portions aren't as big.
Gotta love those smaller clothes sizes! :-) Too funny about what you said about food in the U.S. Last week I commented on someone's blog that I had a hard time eating healthy when I was in London last summer! :-D I guess when you are familiar with the territory and restaurants, you know where to go and what to order.
Congrats on getting back on track with journaling your food.
Path to Health
glad that you are feeling better now that you are on track. yup us americans like our fattening foods! here in chicago its hard to pass by the deep dish pizza.
great job on tracking your food and dont worry, you can work on the exercise for next week. baby steps!
I think your progress is fantastic: keep going!! :)
Post a Comment