Monday, 5 May 2008

Cinqo de Mayo

Happy Cinqo de Mayo! We used today as an excuse to cook Mexican and I'm feeling rather round right now as a result of it! As a transplanted Californian the one thing J misses most about home is Mexican food so we tend to make it at home a fair bit. And boy is it good! As our national holiday today coincided with the Mexican one we thought it apt and even threw a jug of sangria into our feast. I may well be regretting all of it tomorrow.

I haven't managed to make it to the gym this weekend (not as easy to go from home as it is from the office). I have been playing Wii Fit every day. I've unlocked some more games and levels that are really fun. There's a really cute balance game, the penguin slide, where you are a penguin trying to catch fish while balancing on an iceberg. You stand on the balance board and shift your weight from foot to foot to make the penguin (which has your face, cute touch) slide around. It's really fun. There's a new snowboarding game which I sucked at so bad and haven't attempted again yet. There's some more elaborate step levels and I've got really into the rhythm boxing game. I always work up a sweat playing boxing in Wii Sports too, it's pretty satisfying pretending to hit stuff.

There are also free style versions of the jogging and stepping which go for 10 mins and it suggests you do activity while watching TV if you like. There is a rhythm for you to follow and occasional instructions from a voice from the Wiimote, very clever. As our TV has picture in picture I stepped for 10 mins while watching a cooking competition show. J was amused that I was exercising while admiring food!

I forgot to mention that your "host" in Wii Fit is a little animated version of the balance board. Today it asked me how I thought J was doing, If he was looking any fitter and suggested I give him more encouragement! It really tickled me. It also told me my weight was up slightly, which was less amusing. But J reminded me that I am gaining muscle which weighs more, and the balance board also reminded me that I was testing at a different time of day to the last test and I should try to do my fitness tests at similar times of the day. It also had good news for me which is my fitness age has come down.

I'm so addicted to Wii Fit. Can you tell?! I'll be going through withdrawal while on vacation. Back to the gym tomorrow though. It'll be good to go back before I lose the ability to exercise without encouragement from an animated balance board!

No comments:

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.