Tuesday, 13 May 2008

HYC Week 19 Check In

Just a quick one this week as I'm getting ready to go out. I'm on vacation in SoCal right now and most of it has been spent characteristically shopping and eating! Damn, the food is good and huge.

I always forget how much fun shopping is here. After my last post where I was thrilled with the guy in Torrid who told me I didn't look like a size 14, I went into American Eagle today and 2 different sales assistants also told me I didn't look like a 14 and went and got me a 10 and 12 to try. I thanked them (as my eyes welled up with tears of joy!) but told them as much as I would like it to be true I'm pretty sure the 14 will be fine. I did try the 12 as she insisted but bought the 14. Their jeans actually came up a little snug but that's actually what I wanted (which is why I did try the 12) because I decided to buy one outfit to shrink into. These jeans will be my next NSV measuring tool. (I also bought a light jacket which I intend to be able to wear for summer.)

Now I just have to work on not being a size up by the time I go home!

(I did have a slight panic in Old Navy yesterday when I tried on a top and it was ridiculously tight. I was all, how much weight can I have put on in 3 days??? But when I looked at it I realised it was a Small top on a Large hanger. Phew!)

3 comments:

R.Shack said...

Ooo shopping NSVs... how exciting!

That's funny about Old Navy.

Congrats on your progress and have a great vacay. You're doing so awesome!

Heather said...

that is so exciting, to have a great shopping trip. dont worry about old navy..some times their shirts are cut smaller, Ive had the same experience myself.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Sizes can be so arbitrary! Too funny about the small top on a large hanger. That's aggravating! Sounds like you are having a fun time. Enjoy your vacation!
Path to Health

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.