Monday, 17 March 2008

Wino weekend

When will I ever learn? Hands off the booze, dumbass! That's what I need to say to myself every time I find myself at a party. It's easier in pubs/bars when going out. I tend to eat first before going out and then drink spritzers. But Saturday I totally screwed myself up. J and I went to his friend's housewarming/birthday/first year in London party and we stupidly went there hungry. I thought I could have more restraint than I did but I was soooooo wrong, but I really think it was because I started on the wine and then it was all over before it started! I should have thought to take some sparkling water with us so I could make spritzers but it didn't occur to me until it was too late. So I ate all the stuff I could have, eg. pasta salad, olives, vegetables, but I ate all the crap I couldn't as well. *sigh* I ate a whole soft cookie and felt truly awful afterwards. My body doesn't handle sugar and bad carbs well anymore (I guess I should be grateful for that!) so I felt completely ill afterwards but I had already eaten it before I could stop myself because my restraint and sense were both drowning inside my wine glass!

It's been a struggle and I blame TOM. I'm trying to get back on track. Right now I'm sort of hanging off the back of the wagon and need to get right back on, all limbs inside the car. We did go to Costco at the weekend and now our freezer is full of chicken breasts and salmon fillets so we should be pretty well stocked up and prepared for the month. I also made roast pork tenderloin last night which was pretty good, if I do say so myself.

I'm off to the gym after work and then home for dinner. J is making lemon and tarragon baked salmon with new potatoes and asparagus - YUM!

No wine!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

lol I am a wino myself! actually wine is one of the best things you can drink if you are going to. its mostly natural and its basically just fruit. better than fillers that are found in beer and other malt drinks or drinks made from juice that is loaded with sugar. so dont be hrad on yourself and just take it easier next time. TOM is ALWAYS a good thing to blame..I crave the greasiest food ever during TOM.

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.