Thursday, 20 March 2008

New gym

I joined a new gym today. It was slightly impulsive of me, but only slightly. I've been toying with the idea of leaving my current gym for a little while but not wanting to part with the extra cost for the one I was coveting. My gym is small but its big advantage is that it is literally around the corner from my office. But because it's a cheaper gym for the area and is in such a great location it is really busy and lately I've been tired of how rammed it is when I go after work. A few times it's been so busy that I've got there and turned around and gone home, and that's as good as paying to not use the gym, which is crazy, not to mention extremely frustrating when I'm all geared up for a workout.

So anyway, Emily, my friend at work (the same one who talked me into WW) joined this new gym completely on impulse because she is struggling so much with the dieting and finally conceded that she will have to exercise to get the results she wants. And I got swept up in the excitement of it all (I am so easily led!) and called to ask about a corporate rate and got myself a free day trial. I went and worked out there yesterday and fell in love with the place so I went and signed up today, although I had to give a months notice at my current gym so I won't start at the new place until middle of next month.

I'm pretty excited about it. This new gym is so much bigger and not as oversubscribed so it's never as full and is just a much nicer workout environment. Plus the locker rooms are so nice compared to the old gym which is tiny and cramped. Getting changed was such a struggle, I was tired of almost getting lap dances from strange girls, please get your butt out of my face, I'm just there to workout thank you very much! I'll have to tough it out at the old place for the next 3 weeks or so but I just can't wait to get into the new one. I also get an hour session with a personal trainer when I start which is perfect, it's about time for a new programme to shake things up a bit.

1 comment:

Heather said...

its always exciting when you find a gym that really "Fits" you. I hope that this one works out for you.

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.