J and I were shopping for ingredients for Mexican food the other day (J being a southern Californian misses Mexican and it's hard to come by in London so we make it at home a lot) and when looking for ripe avocadoes for guacamole I found low fat avocadoes. ?????????? Is it me or is that freaky? I find the diet industry a little scary. It's not like I don't use low fat products but with the exception of dairy products I try to avoid low fat substitutes where I can. I just don't really eat processed food, I use whole foods and fresh ingredients for cooking. I get that we have lower fat products which substitute full fat ingredients, but I just don't get how a natural whole food like an avocado can be low fat. I did end up buying one this time though, only because they were the only ones that were soft enough to use for guacamole, the regular haas ones were all hard as rocks. But I didn't end up using it because it wasn't good.
Monday, 24 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

2 comments:
That's just crazy! I wouldn't waste my money on that! You need the good quality fat in avocadoes. You can't lose weight without it! What will they pervert next?
That is weird because avocadoes should have the good monosaturated fat.
Post a Comment