I think I spoke too soon after my excitement at briefly seeing the 160s a few days ago. Official weigh in is tomorrow so fingers crossed it'll be a happy one, but it wasn't looking so good yesterday when the scale jumped up to 172.2! Bad scale, bad!! I hope that was one of those fluke things and it doesn't stick around.
And just when I was thinking that I don't get crazy fluctuating numbers anymore. For a while I was up and down like a whore's drawers but since doing the low GI thing I've found myself holding pretty steady. This did mean maintaining for a few weeks but I felt I could live with it since I really was weighing the same every day and somehow that felt healthier than fluctuating a few pounds between days. I was thinking I may start weighing daily just to check for fluctuations and find any patterns to them.
I had lamb tagine with couscous for dinner on Sunday night (which was delicious by the way, a Cook Yourself Thin recipe) and got the shocking numbers on Monday morning and I think maybe when I eat carbs in the evening is when I gain a little. I know a few people find that eating red meat can cause a gain for a couple of days but I don't find that happens to me. Maybe for me it's carbs, whether they are wholegrains or not. I have only been eating carbs for breakfast or lunch since starting South Beach phase 2, Sunday was the first time I'd eaten them for dinner. It would be interesting to check that out and see if there is a pattern for me.
Aside from that it's been another busy week. We are no further with the flat, which is really frustrating. We are way behind because the seller's lawyers sent the papers to the wrong place (WTF!!) and over a week later they still haven't re-sent them. We were supposed to be signing contracts this week but there's no way that's going to happen so we are behind. Hopefully we'll get some paperwork this week and our lawyer can work fast enough to make up for some lost time.
Oh, and I got a NSV today. I got my first "Are you losing weight?" comment from a colleague. Yay!
Fingers crossed for everything! Hope everyone had a good week and has a good week ahead!
Tuesday, 10 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(57)
-
▼
February
(13)
- Stress and its friend Hunger
- Jiggling my baps
- HYC Check In - Week 8
- If you come too close, I might eat you!
- HYC Check In - Week 7
- A weekend of luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve
- Slow and steady wins the race right?
- HYC Check In - Week 6
- Hello 160s! Is it really you?
- Staying the same
- HYC Check In - Week 5
- There was good news too!
- Disappointing weigh in
-
▼
February
(13)
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

2 comments:
Argh, sorry about the jump but if it was that big a jump without a binge I think it will be gone very soon. I am weighing in daily at the moment and following it on medhelp.com, jsut to see if there are any patterns. It's been fairly east seeing as my scale has refused to move (even fluctuate!) since I started exercising. Doh.
congrats on the NSV! it is always so nice when others can see the result of your hard work. Ill keep my fingers crossed that the scale is down.
Post a Comment