So, another week and here I am, still hanging out at the 171. I think there may be a South Beach Diet Phase 1 in my near future.
My plans to hit the gym with force this week were scuppered by unusually heavy snowfall here in London. Incredible but the place came to a standstill yesterday, we just are not equipped for any kind of extreme weather. There was little public transport to speak of and as my boss couldn't make it in I didn't struggle to get my arse to work just so I could turn around and struggle back again. So J and I got an unexpected day off at home together. Yay for snow!!
Boo to ice though. It took me 15 mins to skid my way to the station this morning! (It's normally 5 or so mins walk.) Coming home it was even worse, with the ice nicely packed down from all the people walking on it today. I walked in the road rather than risk the pavement. They grit the roads but not the pavements. Thanks very much, whoever is in charge of that decision!
The weather is supposed to continue this way all week and with icy and treacherous pavements I won't be going to the gym after work until it warms up and we get the big thaw. I'll try to go during the day if I get a chance but it's not looking likely with work being pretty busy at the moment. Hey ho! It's only a few days and I actually think I could benefit from some nice cosy evenings in, instead of either gyming and coming home late, or going out. We have meals for the next couple of nights planned and shopped for so I'm feeling good about it.
Have a good week everyone, and stay warm!
Tuesday, 3 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(57)
-
▼
February
(13)
- Stress and its friend Hunger
- Jiggling my baps
- HYC Check In - Week 8
- If you come too close, I might eat you!
- HYC Check In - Week 7
- A weekend of luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve
- Slow and steady wins the race right?
- HYC Check In - Week 6
- Hello 160s! Is it really you?
- Staying the same
- HYC Check In - Week 5
- There was good news too!
- Disappointing weigh in
-
▼
February
(13)
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

1 comment:
hang in there and just stick with it. that darn scale will move!
I love hearing stories of snow in other parts of the world because we get a good laugh in how much some snow really shuts down things and causes problems when we all carry on like usual in 12 inches of snow. it makes me so jealous!
Post a Comment