And thank goodness for that! I was down 3.5 lbs at my WI today and was I relieved about that! It was funny because the lady in line behind me told me she was having exactly the same problem, she had weighed the same for the last 3 weeks too. We both agreed we would throw huge tantrums if we didn't get more agreeable numbers this week! Thankfully, neither of us had to.
I feel better, and more positive going forward. Today I hardly snacked at all and didn't feel hungry most of the day. It's so weird how some days I can eat my body weight and then a switch flicks and it's not a problem other days. And I was proud of not feeling the need to snack out of habit today (eg. it's 11am, must be time for a banana...4pm, must be time for something sweet, etc.), I was actually listening to my body, or even better, just not having to think about it. NSV!
Also, I put on a new pair of linen trousers today. I don't have many summer bottoms and with the sun finally peeking out I thought I would put my trusty jeans away and wear something light. I bought this new pair in a size 16 (US 12-14) thinking they would fit snugly and last me the summer, hopefully fitting better in a few weeks. Well, they were actually pretty loose when I put them on the first time. NSV!
And there's more... J and I went out for dinner tonight, to a place we've been wanting to try called the Bountiful Cow. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what their speciality is! We are always hunting down decent burgers. J being a transplanted American, has it in his blood, and me, well, I just love burgers. A lot of gourmet restaurants now have gourmet burgers on their menus and they are pretty amazing, made of good ingredients and not junky. So anyway, we had a gorgoeous meal - I had smoked salmon for starters and then the signature burger which was amazing, J had duck rillette on toast and then a chorizo burger and we both had ice cream for dessert. By the way, this was a comp meal I was gifted and was a 3 course set menu. If it wasn't I probably wouldn't have ordered any dessert but I really enjoyed the treat of ice cream (which is one of my favourite foods in the whole world) because I have it so infrequently these days. We did also share a bottle of Prosecco with the meal. I really enjoyed the whole meal but the thing I am proud of is, even though I ate the 3 courses and had the Prosecco I made pretty good choices I think. I had the salmon but didn't eat the rich toast that came with it. I had the burger but I left some of the bun and almost all of the fries. NSV! I now wish I had taken a picture of just how many fries were left on the plate!. I only had a few and it was easy to stop and not think about it any more. And that is definite progress.
Wednesday, 25 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

3 comments:
wow you are on fire! you are doing so fabulous and I am thrilled for you. congrats on your loss (which shows you can enjoy yourself and eat in moderation), the loose pants, and listening to your body! that was one of the biggest things that I noticed about myself that helped me lose this weight...listening to when I was hungry and what I was hungry for. rather than just mindless eating or eating things that were not satisfying. keep it up, you are doing so great!
Congrats on the 3.5 lb loss + the size 16 linen trousers being too loose already!
*big NSV on the linen pants*
hope youre still doing the happy dance as I type this comment!
MizFit
Post a Comment