I'm still reeling a little from the amount of poundage I have to lose to get back to a good place both on the scale and mentally, but I haven't committed food suicide yet. There are a few things happening that have made me think though.
The first is, I'm entering another social drinking season and remembering how that really hindered me back around the holidays. Here in the UK we embrace summer (when it finally decides to grace us with its presence!) and that means evenings in the pub hanging out with friends/colleagues. It doesn't help that my company gives us early Fridays (we finish at 3pm every Friday until September) which usually means someone will come around the office at 2pm asking, "You coming for a drink after work?" or "See you down the [insert name of local pub here]?". It's great, don't get me wrong, it's nice to spend time with people outside of work and it's a great feeling to sit outside a pub with an ice cold white wine spritzer in the sun. But I do worry about how it affects my eating as well as my metabolism.
The second thing is, I came off the pill a month ago and hadn't thought about how this might affect me. I've been on the pill for a few years and forgotten what it was like before. Having experienced some symptoms the last couple of days I am now wondering (and hoping of course) that part of the huge gain I had this week was to do with TOM. A cramp also hit me out of nowhere this morning and I felt very sorry for myself and all my sisters. It is rough being a woman!!
Sunday, 8 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

2 comments:
stay strong... the choose wisely during during the "social drinking season" you can do it!!!
I had some wonky things going on while coming off the pill and TOM...so bare with it... it take time..
thanks for stopping by my blog!
I know what you mean, it seems like summer time is the time for drinking and partying on a nightly basis! if you are going to drink and if you are stressed about it, find a drink that you can have that is low cal/low fat, etc that you can enjoy if you are in that situation. For me, its wine. Its more natural and counts as a fruit, and yo udont need much of it to get a buzz. That usually helps me and it beats a beer or mixed drinks. Plus if you drink a lot of water at the same time, it helps too. You can drink a glass of wine slowly and make it last while other are downing several drinks and its a lot cheaper to have 1 or 2 glasses of wine than several martinis or beers.
dont you worry about the gain either..sure it sucks and I have been there, but just focus on waht you can do now to lose that gain and continue on losing.
Post a Comment