Food is a real struggle these days. Not that I'm craving really naughty foods and eating tons of junk, it's more that I want to eat all the time, I feel snacky all through the day. Yesterday and today I was actually hungry all day. I mean, not just greedy and snacky (which is the usual way!) but actually physically hungry, my stomach growled a lot. It's weird. I'm this close *holds thumb and forefinger up very close to each other* to taking a pregnancy test!! J thinks it's because I started exercising again and my metabolism is up (I think he would prefer that theory!) but I don't think I'm that set into my exercise routine after vacation just yet. I think it's hormones from TOM and changes from the pill, so I just have to wait for it to pass and hope it does. All I can do in the meantime is try to eat good foods if I'm going to eat them all day! In general it's all good stuff except for the craving for Kettle Chips - my Achilles heel. I think my disappointment with the scale is not helping and I keep having to have serious talks with myself about not blowing it and making it worse.
We're finally having our housewarming on Saturday. It's a small and select party, we wanted to keep it small and simple so it's about 12 of our closer friends. We were discussing what foods to have and we had agreed on a few things that I'm worried I'll get carried away with but J is being very helpful and suggesting we add things he knows will keep me on the straight and narrow. So far the menu looks like this, with the Core items I'm allowed starred:
- Nachos (we bought a sackful of tortilla chips from Costco) and toppings of chilli*, my infamous homemade guacamole* and sour cream for people to mix and match as they like
- A selection of European cheeses with fresh baguette, grapes* and apple slices*
- Humous and dips with carrot*, celery* and cucumber* sticks and pitta/flatbread slices
- Kettle Chips (another oversized Costco purchase, there's a bag the size of my pillow)
- Marinated olives*
- Something sweet and possibly cakey, yet to be decided
So there we have it. Really the only YIKES! items for me are the cheese and Kettle Chips, and I dare say there will be wine involved. But I'm hoping as hostess I can stay reasonably far from the buffet table for a good part of the night.

5 comments:
I know that feeling of being snacky and can sympathize. Try filling up on healthy stuff before the party:-) And, have fun!
Skinny inside is right. Eat healthy before & drink your water! I know I would sneak in a chip or two anyway!
I feel snacky sometimes too so whne I get those feelings, I opt for my healthy snacks that dont taste like healthy snacks aka: almonds with some cinnamon sprinkled over them, an energy bar microwaved to be soft and chewy, an extra wedge of cheese, etc. Those things taste really good to me but yet leave me feeling satisfied. So find those little things that arent so bad for you but that you enjoy and go toward those when you feel the urge to eat even if you are not really hungry.
you can do it... enjoy the party
I have a hard time staying away from chips, too. Lately my TOM I'm craving salty stuff, not sweet. I could eat a whole bag of cheetos or bbq chips! :-) Happy housewarming! Hope it's a fun party.
Path to Health
Post a Comment