Late AGAIN! Third week in a row. I need to pull my socks up! But in my defence, I was on a plane most of yesterday.
We just got back last night so I'm catching up on various things and fighting the jet lag. It was a good trip overall and started off with a nice NSV. When we arrived J's dad gave me a hello hug and then stood back and told me I looked really well. He later said it again and asked me if I was losing weight. It's a big compliment coming from a man who is largely critical and not always so aware of other people!
What's not so impressive is that I have put on a shedload of weight in just the week I've been away. I'm not sure exactly how much but it's somewhere in the region of 7 or so pounds. Prompted by a combination of the shame of my own gluttony and the rumours of a new plan, I went to WW this evening to face the music and see the damage and it is not good. I've really got to get my act together and I need to do it now rather than fall into the old trap of waiting until after Christmas. It's got to be now to get it under control. That's not to say I can't have a good time and indulge a little but I shouldn't just have a f*** it attitude and go crazy. So there I was, facing the scale and wanting to cry! But hey, onwards and downwards right?
So do any of you other WW folk out there have any opinions on the new plan? I haven't studied it too closely yet but from what I've seen it makes sense and is exactly what I was planning to try - Points/Flex and Core sort of combined. Counting points but with the emphasis on Core foods which are whole foods, ie. low GI and healthier overall. I'm glad WW is going back to a plan that focuses on and encourages healthy eating again. Also, the first goal is 5% now instead of 10%, which feels a little like an easy cop-out but on the other hand, why make it harder? 5% will be easier to reach and does not seem as daunting. I hope I get there soon!
Wednesday, 3 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

2 comments:
thats great you got some compliments! dont worry too much about the gain - I gained a lot over the weekend and was able to focus on everything this week and have already lost 2 pounds. so just move on from it and focus on eating clean.
Saw your comment on ronisweigh and just had to see who Poonie was. :)
Best of luck to you!
Post a Comment