Sunday, 28 December 2008

Merry Christmas 2008!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas or whatever other holiday you celebrate. I haven't hit the post holiday blues yet, as I'm looking forward to New Year, and am still full of Christmas joy! I had a really nice time, J and I have been enjoying our time off work and we've been hanging out spending some quality time. There has been a lot of Guitar Hero, a little bit of karaoke (which I normally hate but we got Lips for the XBox and I've been possessed by some sort of world dominating karaoke demon!), catching up on some TV and DVDs, cooking and baking, and festive snuggles. :-)

Christmas Eve our friends came over with their darling baby and we had a nice night hanging out, playing games and catching up. I spent most of the evening squeezing and biting the little fella though, he's just too cute and so sweet he didn't complain much. Christmas day was a nice quiet one as always. We hosted at our place and my dad came over for dinner. I cooked a traditional dinner - roast turkey, sage and onion stuffing, roast potatoes, Brussels sprouts (pan fried with pancetta) and roasted carrots and parsnips - but my dad also brought a roast duck so there was food lining the walls of the entire flat! It was quite the feast. We had a really nice time, opening presents and just spending time together.

My eating has been an absolute nightmare this whole time. It's like I can't put enough bad things in my mouth fast enough and frequently enough! What's worse is I find myself not caring. And I am so happy and in such a great mood. I know it's going to catch up on me though, and I will feel all kinds of regret in a couple of days. Still, I go back to work tomorrow (for 2 days) which might calm things down, I don't have this problem so much when I am in a normal routine. I have been reading up and planning for the end of this week when I start the Idiot-Proof Diet (IPD). I have a few fears but on the whole I think it will be a good plan for me and I am looking forward to embarking on it. I would quite happily have started a few days ago except for it making New Years Eve difficult because we have plans. I am going to be really strict for the first phase so I want a completely clean slate for it.

I am really looking forward to New Year. I'm no longer into big New Years parties, I like spending it with close friends in an intimate setting, and this year J and I are staying home. Two good friends are coming over and I am cooking dinner
(my menu is rib of beef, potato dauphinoise and creamed spinach), then we are just going to hang out and drink a lot of Champagne! If it's a nice night, which fingers crossed it will be, we plan to walk up to a hill a little way away to watch the fireworks - the hill is high up and has a view of Central London so we can watch the Thames fireworks. It should be a good night.

See you for the final HYC check in of this year tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

sounds like you had a wonderful christmas! I know we can all relate to eating just a bit too much so dont worry too much about it and enjoy new years. I hope your party goes well. Happy new year!

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.