I made it on time, as promised! Not much to report though. It's been more of the same the last few days, part focusing on Christmas and fighting seasonal food pressures, and part reflection on changes for the year ahead.
I've been continuing my inner debate on whether or not I go low carb come the new year but I think I've decided I will. A lot of the debate over it is how sustainable it will be after the initial zealousness, and a lot of that has to do with how well it will fit into my lifestyle. As long as it's easy to eat on the hoof and at restaurants and fits in with the way my partner likes to eat too, I don't have excuses, and I think it will work. Over my break I'll throw out or give away any foods that don't fit anywhere in any of the phases of the plan, and make a shopping list for new storecupboard ingredients that do. I feel slightly in limbo now, like I'm itching to go at it. I usually do something the minute I decide to do it, but in this case I really do need to wait until Christmas and New Years Eve is over as Phase 1 is so strict and will go for at least 2-3 weeks. So, I'm raring to go, but trying to be careful not to try and inhale all the bad carbs I possibly can until then!
Anybody else excited about Christmas? I am like a small child! I love Christmas and I'm really excited this year. J is a little taken aback by it, he's never seen me quite so bad. He's just not into it as much as I am and thinks I'm a little nutty. I'm really pleased with myself this year too because I am totally ready and there was no stress. I had fun buying presents and was done by last week, I loved putting the tree up and decorating it, wrapping the gifts and piling them under the tree and delivering some of them, and I have bought all the food for Christmas day and am gearing up to cook up a storm on the day. Bring it on! J has found his Christmas spirit much more the last few days though, since we bought a PS3 and a heap of games (cross-console since we have them all!) to play for Christmas and New Years Eve. Fun!
I hope everyone has a great holiday season and see you back here next week for the last check in of the year.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Woot!)
Tuesday, 23 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

No comments:
Post a Comment