Another mixed week. I've been pretty good and OP most days, there was just one bad day when I ate my weight in wine, cheese, bread and chocolate! Saturday we had my dad and cousin over to see the new flat and we all went for dim sum, which is a rare treat for me. I was so proud of myself as I was very restrained and for the first time ever in my life I left a dim sum restaurant not feeling stuffed to my eyebrows. I had a few of the steamed, mostly prawn based dumplings and some soup noodles but steered clear of the buns and the fried stuff so I thought I did pretty well. Then Sunday we had a friend over and I blew it on posh cheese with fresh baguette, copious amounts of red wine and French truffles with coffee. J told me not to feel too bad as this is a French diet and they're all skinny, which made me laugh.
Aside from that one day I've been pretty good but I suspect I'm not being as cautious about portion sizes as I should be so I need to start thinking about that again. I'm back on a gym routine and I love my new gym. I went last night and did my new programme and actually managed to do the full thing without having to skip anything or wait for a machine, a big change from the old gym, I'm really glad I switched. I was so tired afterwards but felt really good. I'm going again tonight to do just cardio. It's only 2 and a bit weeks until vacation so I want to be really diligent until then.
Speaking of vacation, I will be in Milwaukee/Chicago for the week of 19th May. Is there anyone local who would like to get together for some healthy WW friendly brunch/lunch or just a Starbucks date etc. during that time? We are there because J is working so I'll be hanging out doing my own thing during the days and would love to have someone to do lunch/coffee/whatever with. We are in SoCal the week before but our time there is pretty much spoken for as we're always spread really thinly between J's family and all our friends, but Milwaukee will be some much anticipated down time for me. Any takers please email me at poonikins at yahoo dot co dot uk or leave me a comment.
Have a fab week everyone!
Wednesday, 23 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

3 comments:
Kudos on getting back on track and back to the gym!
ooo wine, chocolate, cheese, and bread is my idea of heaven! lol. good for you for enjoying but also doing well this week. keep it up!
Enjoying life is about balance. I think it's great that you did so well with the dim sum. You enjoyed some food and wine the following day but not every day this week and that's a great accomplishment!
I'm going to think about you going to the gym as motivation for myself. Have been walking a lot but sort of ditched the gym lately. After reading your post, I'm planning on going tomorrow.
Thanks!
Post a Comment