Oops! I've been MIA for a couple of weeks and totally missed the last check in. Thanks to everyone who left all the great comments with congratulations, I really appreciate it. I've been getting my head around the whole situation and I'm really excited now. Anxious of course that things will go well, but really happy overall.
I've been thinking about this blog too. I don't intend to turn it into a Mommy blog or anything, it's still going to be a focus on health and my journey, but it's going to have a different angle and I'm looking forward to getting some of those thoughts down. I still have to focus on my health, more than ever I guess, but obviously the emphasis will shift away from weight loss for a while. At least until after the baby is born, after which I imagine I will be going at the weight loss with a vengeance!
Right now I am having a miserable time with morning sickness and really bizarre food and appetite moods, and fatigue. The reason I haven't posted in so long is because I am exhausted all the time and can barely function when I get home from work. I have also had waves of nausea every day and vomiting some days. This has all got worse the last couple of weeks. Based on what I've been reading these 2 or 3 weeks are the worst of it and hopefully it should let up as I enter my 2nd trimester. I've been promised that I'll have more energy again and start to eat normally again too. Here's hoping!
I've been trying to eat as normally as I can but it's all very weird right now. The food phenomenon deserves a post all of its own so I'll address it later. Exercise has been minimal because I've been so tired. The last couple of attempts were abysmal. I would either start to feel nauseous or get too hot and tired. Right now my body temperature seems to rise quickly and I read that there is a danger of overheating when exercising vigorously which is actually pretty dangerous, so I'll wait until I feel better in a couple of weeks (hopefully) and try again. I plan to do some yoga/pilates classes then too, and I'm shopping for a maternity bathing suit in anticipation of doing some swimming.
I probably sound really negative and whingy about it all! I am pretty over it and I can't wait until this part is over but I'm trying to focus on the big picture and looking forward to feeling better and being able to enjoy the situation. I'm also looking forward to actually showing! Right now my waistline is expanding but I feel fat rather than pregnant!!
On the moving front, we are really excited about getting into our new place. I just hope I feel better before we have to start packing and stuff. We went over there last weekend to measure the space for our sofa and computer areas and it was the first time we had seen the place in a while. We were pleased! We really like the place and think we'll be happy there, and now we just can't wait to move in. It also looks brighter and newer than I remember, I think we had only ever been there in the evening before. The other exciting thing was checking out the second bedroom and trying to picture it as a baby's room! I can't wait to decorate it.
So that's me right now. I have a lot of catching up to do, my reader currently has 281 new posts. Apologies for the absence of comments but I'll catch up soon I hope. Hope I haven't missed too much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

6 comments:
Hang in there. Hope you feel a lot better soon.
Path to Health
I remember morning sickness all too well. Take courage: it does get better. :)
oh man, you have so much going on right now with moving & the pregnancy! I hope you feel better soon! I've not yet been pregnant but my 3 sisters all have children and swear by peppermints to help with the morning sickness.
good to hear from you! glad you are doing well, but I am sorry to hear about the morning sickness. my coworker who is pregnant started doing yoga for pregnancy and she says it is pretty great, so I would check out something like that so you can still get some exercise in, but not overdo yourself or end up feeling as you have been.
A belated big congratulations on your big news. VERY exciting, but sorry to hear about the morning sickness. :)
Poor girl, I hate that morning sickness. I always kept saltine crackers by my side and they always helped me from getting sick. Wishing you much success in your move, it is an exciting time for you.
Post a Comment