Wednesday, 27 May 2009

HYC Check In - Week 21

Oops! I'm late again. The holiday on Monday threw me off and I thought today was Tuesday!

Thanks for the sympathetic comments on my arm, guys. It's a nice shade of deep purple now and hopefully on its way to healing. It doesn't hurt by the way, it just looks a lot worse than it is. If it felt like it looked I would be wingeing a lot more, trust me!!

I have still been feeling nauseous on and off but better than I was. But I am so tired all the time and so hot, and having trouble sleeping. I had my first midwife appointment last Thursday and she said it will probably get better along with the sickness in a couple of weeks. I told her I'd stopped exercising because of getting sick and overheating and she said to stay off it for now and try again after the 12th week. It was funny because on the one hand it felt a little like getting a note for PE, but on the other I'm finding it frustrating and I am really ready to stop feeling crappy like I do right now. But it will hopefully only be another week or two.

I saw the obstetrician about my hypermobility and she doesn't think it will be too much of a problem as long as I am careful and take it easy in the later stages of pregnancy, but I am getting some tests and follow ups just in case.

My eating has improved, I mostly have my appetite back and am not craving crappy things anymore. I am still eating less because of the sickness but J is being a superstar and making sure I eat well so I figure less of the right things is still good.

I have my first scan next week which I'm looking forward to. Hopefully everything will look well and fine and then we can tell our parents and go public. Eeeeek!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a good midwife there giving you good advice. She's right, the sickness won't last, so you have something to look forward too. Have you tried Saltine Crackers, they worked for me. Just nibble on them all through the day. Can't wait to hear your parents reaction to the good news, how fun is that? Good Luck. Linda

Hanlie said...

Oh goodness! You mean to tell me we know, but not the people in your life?

I hope the sickness abates soon!

Heather said...

glad you are doing well and starting to adjust! hope your scan goes well!

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.