1. We exchanged contracts on our new flat today. It's all legally binding and official now. And we have our completion date, Friday 19th June. We had hoped to get in sooner but that's fine, we at least have plenty of time to get our act together with packing and all the admin (utilities and that sort of thing). It's exciting. I can't wait to be done moving and settle into our new home.
2. I started craving McDonalds and am horrified. I haven't set foot in a McDonalds for a couple of years, and that time I was grudgingly dragged by my friend because it's what her kids wanted and I sulked and disapproved through the whole thing! Before that I seriously think it has been several years. I just don't like it, just the smell of it or of the place makes me queasy normally. I hear it's normal to get junk food cravings at this stage of pregnancy but I REFUSE to have a junk food baby. My pregnant buddy and I went there for lunch and I sat there and said to her, "Look at us. We are such a stereotype!" She laughed and agreed, she doesn't normally eat that way either. We made a pact to talk each other out of it if it happens again and hope that like most other food needs at this stage it passes quickly!
Thursday, 30 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

9 comments:
Moving can be a pain in the neck, I know what you mean. Good luck with it all.
I hope your move goes well.
congrats on the flat! that is one less thing you will have to stress about.
and, I think its normal to have cravings and want to eat, but I also think you can reach for healthy foods when you have those cravings. a coworker who is also a close frined of mine is pregnant and she eats CONSTANTLY. you would think she would be huge, but she actually has only gained 4 pounds and shes in her 5 month. I know everyones bodies are different, but she has shown me that you dont have to let being pregnant give you an excuse to go crazy. you can still eat healthy and EAT a lot!
Like I left a comment before I had a hard time eating and eating healthy at the beginning. A lot of foods made me sick right away. I couldn't eat fries at all. My fast food of choice, taco bell for the nachos. Then after week 15 it was gross, and I started eating healthy again except for the cupcakes. Don't worry too much what you crave.
Glad your flat is sorted at least, even if it's a bit further away then you'd like.
uncharted territory. I am completely unfamiliar with your new experiences but I look forward to hearing about your cravings & how you handle them!
I'm still totally jumping up and down for you!
I love the fact that you are going to take a stand against your cravings and not give in!
hope the move goes well!
I had no idea you were pregnant - congratulations! I am not the best reader of details, I guess. I love hearing baby craving stories! Don't beat yourself up for craving McDonald's - you are not a bad person. Sometimes a girl wants french fries.
Baby cravings can get to the best of us, you'll do fine with your great attitude about having a healthy baby. For me, I craved tacos all the time. Poor hubby ran out at all hours to get me tacos. I don't like Mickey D's either, the smell is greasy and processed. No thanks. You're doing well, hang in there. Linda
Post a Comment