Finally, a good week! We'll see how things look at WI tomorrow but the numbers on the home scale are a lot more pleasant than they have been for some time. I got into the 160s last I checked (this morning!) but it's pretty unreliable so I'm anxious to see what the official WW scale says. Although, I have a meeting at work tomorrow that means I can't make it to my usual lunchtime WI so I'll have to go in the morning before work which I don't want to do because it skews the numbers. I always weigh 1-2 pounds less in the morning. But hey, it'll be good to get some idea anyway.
So, in my last post I talked a bit about how I think a hormonal imbalance is affecting my weight. Well, I haven't taken the Pill again for a couple of days and I'm not kidding, I felt a change in my appetite almost right away. I was hungry again today, like before I started the Pill again. I don't think I'm imagining it. I'm in a bit of a predicament because I had to go for some tests with the specialist nurse yesterday and she said they no longer prescribe the brand of Pill I've been taking primarily because of the higher risk of DVT associated with it, it's basically been taken off the market. Scary! So she prescribed me a new one but couldn't promise me I wouldn't experience either the side effects I've had with previous Pills or a whole set of new ones, so I'm going into it with some trepidation. She suggested having a go at it for a month and if I have any negative side effects to come back and we'll try a progesterone only Pill. I don't like the idea of messing around with hormones but it's clear to me that my body naturally has a tendency for imbalance and needs some help. *sigh* I had a bunch of blood tests at the hospital today (including blood hormone) so I'll find out if I'm crazy and imagining things or if they can actually find something physical. I get the results of all the tests next week. I also have some other unexplained symptoms and am waiting for a referal so it's all kind of scary right now.
Wish me luck at the WI. Wish me luck with the test results.
And happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!!
Tuesday, 14 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

2 comments:
Im sure you can find the pill thats right for you. there are tons of them, and too many women stick with someone that isnt right when its all about finding the right one for you. I stayed on orthotricyclen WAY too long before switching to yaz and its so much better I wish I would have done it years ago. so I hope this one works for you, and good luck with your weighin!
Good luck with the Pill. I basically gave up on it, I tried a few and everytime I would gain 20-30 pounds!
Post a Comment