So I did as planned and went to the gym at lunchtime today, for a Body Attack class. It was great, I felt good and it was a great class, much less crowded than the after work one. But I was gone almost 2 hours! No way can that be a regular occurence. I guess I take too long showering, dressing and doing hair and face afterwards. Of course I was starving by the time I got back to the office but feeling too guilty about being gone so long to faff around in the kitchen assembling my lunch, so I grabbed something on the way back, but made good choices so that's fine. Anyway, the point of this is, I realise going during the work day is not going to be a regular option so I need to have fewer evening events.
I will, however, take advantage of the time that my boss is away. He should be gone until next Wednesday so that is a whole week. I'm out tomorrow night so I will go during the day tomorrow but maybe do my own routine and maybe make it a bit shorter. I figure it's still better than not going at all. I also have to get disciplined with going at weekends.
On a completely separate note, I seem to be on a bit of a winning streak! Last Friday I won a Roboboa in the office raffle. It is the most bizarre thing, and entertained us in the office for a good part of the afternoon today. J was disappointed to learn that it doesn't clean though. I think we both would rather have won a Rumba! And as if that is not enough, when I arrived this morning a couple of my colleagues were like, "Quick! Open your email, you're going to get a nice surprise." I took it as sarcasm and prepared myself for some disaster I would have to deal with, but it turned out to be an email about a competition held by our IT department I'd forgotten I'd entered, and I'd won a TV!!! How cool is that! I have yet to find out what sort of TV it is, we'll have to figure out the logistics of it all, since we just bought a new TV when we moved 3 months ago. Depending on if it beats a 32" HDTV, either we will get a bigger/better new TV or my dad will be hit by a nice surprise this weekend. It's just nice to win. I will definitely be buying lotto tickets this weekend!!
Wednesday, 16 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

2 comments:
congrats on the win! that is very exciting. and hey, at least you tried out the working out during work hours. I know it doesnt work for me either.
Woo hoo for you!! Someone is definitely on a winning streak. So, exactly what lotto numbers will you be playing this weeked?? I promise I won't tell!! =)
Post a Comment