Tuesday, 29 July 2008

HYC Week 30 Check In

Troubled times. It's been a crappy couple of weeks in my weight loss universe. I have been eating like I'm on vacation - a hungry and snacky and greedy vacation in foodville! And I just don't get it because there's no reason for it really. How does it happen? How am I one day in completely sound mind and watching what I eat and exercising and even excited about exercising, and then the very next day waking up as an insane person seeking out the next 'food fix' like a junkie? And not giving a shit and not at all interested in exercise? Without any explanation, it is literally like a switch flicked and I have gone INSANE!!

Don't get me wrong, I didn't binge eat giant Costco bags of candy or hit fast food shacks, but I made crappy choices on total autopilot and ate stuff I wasn't even that interested in every day. I also avoided the scale and WW and this blog and could not turn my head around to change anything, I was a food zombie. So weird.

Every time I have embarked on WW or any other plan it has been the same. I get to about this point, having lost x amount of weight and getting to a place where I am starting to feel psyched and even liking my body, and then I hit a wall. It's almost like I am afraid to succeed at this.


I think I'm coming out of the worst of it though. At least I hope so. I ate well today but couldn't talk myself into the gym. One day at a time! I have vowed to make it to the lunchtime Body Attack class tomorrow and instructed the intern who sits by me to kick me the hell out of there at the right time tomorrow. I have also announced to J that I am back on plan so he's making sure we shop right again.

Wish me luck. Make the insanity go away. And if anyone can offer an explanation for the insanity I would welcome it in the hope of avoiding any future attacks.

Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Bella said...

I can totally relate to the feeling of being afraid of succeeding in the weight loss goal. So many times in the past, I seemed to get to a certain point, as you mentioned, and then do something to sabotage myself.

This time around I haven't hit that point, luckily. Not sure exactly what's different, except that I'm not accepting any excuses from myself about why I can't ____. It's been working so far.

Good luck to you, and I think it's great that you're recognizing this. I'm sure you're going to find a solution that will work for you soon.

Heather said...

hang in there! you can get out of this. I know its hard, but just take it a day at a time. I myself just got back from vacation and am afraid to get on the scale too. see, it happens to all of us and you arent alone.

Anonymous said...

This happens to EVERYONE! Motivation comes and goes, but you have to somehow find a way to "Just do it!" Want to or not! Its all mind over matter. There is no easy way around it. When I start to fall off the wagon, I literally force myself to go to the gym (sometimes kicking & screaming) and put in a hard work out. I feel so good that I overcame that obstacle that I don't want to eat bad! Then the next day, if I still don't want to go to the gym... I do it anyway. There is no other option for me. There can't be. And if I do screw up, I don't let it get me down. I just move on and start over that same day!

Its all about choices. Both paths are hard as hell! One road leads to misery and regret, the other to health and hapiness. Pain is involved in both scenerios, but the latter has a happy ending. You just have to choose which way you want to go. And you have to make that decision everyday.

Anonymous said...

shanna nailed it.
motivation SO comes and goes and IMO it's all about keeping the 'damage' to a minimum when it goeth ;)

and today?

are you back on track? decided to mend the WW relationship?

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.