So, as I was saying, I re-joined WW, or Fat Club as we affectionately call it, with my colleague, Em, about a month ago to try out the Core plan. For a while now my diet has been mostly following GI principles and Core is very similar. GI hasn't helped me lose any weight though, and there are clearly other things I needed to examine with my eating. But it did mean the Core plan was a pretty easy adjustment and suits me really well as it's not a big change from the way I eat already. My one big blessing in all of this is that I don't really have much of a sweet tooth and I don't really like bread, that makes it so much easier. It's also teaching me about reading my own hunger signals which is what I really need.
I got off to a pretty good start with a 4 lb loss in the first week. I was really thrilled but knew it was a big loss because it was the first week, and neither expected or wanted it to be that way every week. I've lost weight too fast before and know very well how quickly it comes back on that way. I don't have a particular goal to work towards, this is a long term project, so there's no hurry. Slow and steady is the way to go.
Two weeks after joining I took a trip home to California with J for Thanksgiving. I felt a little anxious about it. At first I thought that starting a diet right before a Stateside trip was a really dumb thing to do but on my return I felt glad I did it. Although I put on 2.5 lbs during the trip I know it would have been much worse if I didn't have the WW fight song in my head constantly! I've been back over a week now and am back into the swing of it without too much trouble. Core really does suit me and fit my lifestyle. I'm feeling quite positive at the moment.
The trip was a struggle though. The portion sizes are so scary and there is so much temptation with food choices, coupled with that feeling that you are on vacation and should let loose a little bit. I could have been better but on the whole I didn't go crazy, just allowed myself the treats that I really love and miss when I am away from the States (Baja Fresh, Jamba Juice, burgers the size of a child's head and Coldstone anyone?!).
I also went back to the gym for the first time in almost 3 weeks and expected it to hurt but it wasn't too bad. I have got to the point where I actually like going to the gym and really want to keep up momentum. Now with the silly season getting into full swing and a busy social diary I'm determined to keep to my not-to-be-negotiated schedule of 3 times a week minimum.
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has any comment on Core vs. Points (or Flex as it's called in North America). In most of the blogs I've read people seem to favour Points. I'm thinking I might switch to it one week to see how it compares for me, when I'm needing a kick maybe.
Sunday, 9 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

No comments:
Post a Comment