Saturday, 8 December 2007

Set her free!

I have just begun the fight (again) to set free the thin girl who I know is hiding somewhere inside this fat girl's body. Looking for inspiration and recipe ideas online I came across dozens of blogs written by others fighting the same fight. Despite not wanting to jump quite so merrily on a bandwagon, I wanted to start writing my own journal. Mostly so I don't bore the people around me who won't want to hear all this since they already have to live with it!

As far as my journey goes, my weight has always been a problem. I have tried at some time or other almost every diet you have ever heard of, with varying degrees of success. My last major diet affair was with the South Beach Diet about 4 years ago but once I stopped eating that way the weight started to creep up again, and in the last couple of years has not so much crept as leapt! It got to be a real struggle and deeply frustrating but about a month ago a colleague talked me into re-joining Weightwatchers with her. This will be about the new struggle!

More about me? I'm a 30-something Brit living in London and something of a foodie. The restaurants here are a mixed blessing. I eat out a fair bit and we have some amazing and diverse restaurants but it does my weight nor my wallet any favours! I also travel quite a lot (for pleasure) and spend quite a bit of time in the US where my partner is from. What else...? Did I mention I like food?

No comments:

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.