I'm back, I survived plane rides with a baby and time with the in-laws! It was our first family vacation and we all had a nice time, it was nice just relaxing, enjoying the California sun and spending some family time together. I think Baby was very excited to have Daddy around all the time, he must have thought it was one huge long weekend.
The little guy was an angel on both flights, much to our relief, we were so nervous about flying with him. In fact, he was so good on the outward flight that people kept coming over to say hello and tell us what a dream of a baby he is. We were even more nervous on the flight home as there was another baby (a little girl a month older) next to us and our son has been going through a phase where hearing another baby cry upsets him, but thankfully they were both good as gold and mostly slept through the whole flight.
We had a good relaxing time in Cali, mostly visiting with Daddy's friends. It was a very new experience being there with him and I'm sure very trippy for everyone to see us with a baby. The grandparents of course got their pound of baby flesh too!
As always our trip was centred around one gluttonous meal to the next - we are not strangers there but every time are shocked at the size of the portions. We weren't as eager to cram in all our usual haunts this time so we paced ourselves better but still ate more than we usually would, and I had more of the stuff I wouldn't normally eat, like sugary treats and desserts. I feel like a total porker and am determined to knuckle down and get the weight off now. We will be starting to wean the baby in a couple of weeks so that's a good time to ban unhealthy foods from the house, we plan to start him off on good healthy foods and keep that up.
I got a new iPad while I was away and had planned to use it to keep up with blogs but didn't get much done as the wireless at the hotel was slow and we had a lot going on. So I've got a lot of catching up to do. Better get to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

1 comment:
HEY! It's so good to hear from you... it's been a looong while. Sound like you and the family are doing well (seems like just yesterday you were pregnant) :)
Writing more often on the baby blog? I'll have to follow you on there then!
-Briana
Post a Comment