I have somehow managed to put my back out. It's really bad and holding a 15lb baby who is growing heavier by the day is not really helping! It's also scary because I can't move around as much and can't bend properly. It's from an old injury which hasn't returned in years and years but apparently likes to pick its moments! I'm not sure about taking ibuprofen while breastfeeding so I bought a few different back pain remedies to try out - patches, gel and spray - so hopefully something will work.
This has just made me think yet again about my weight and how it is affecting my health. This back pain wasn't caused by my weight, at least not directly, but it definitely isn't helped by it and I really need to do something about it. I have my son to think about. I look at little boys and see how much energy they have and I know that there is no way I could keep up with one now. It won't be that long before my little boy is running around and I would love to be able to keep up with him somewhat.
The important thing is to nip this in the bud. One of the reasons I gained a lot of weight very quickly years ago is because I put my back out and wasn't able to exercise, I could barely walk very far without being in a lot of pain. I need to deal with the pain before it sets in and stay active. Let's hope this goes away soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

2 comments:
ouch, hope you feel better soon. that definitely must be rough with a baby! but having a baby is great motivation as well to lose weight and I know that he will help motivate you to be healthy so that you can pass along the healthy habits to him so he can be healthy as well.
Welcome back....so glad to see you....I checked your baby blog and it was gone...I thought you'd dissappeared...hope your back feels better soon!
Post a Comment