Wednesday, 25 November 2009

Birth plan Schmirth plan!

I had a bit of disappointing news from a midwife a couple of weeks ago. Because my BMI is higher than it should be, I can't deliver in the Birthing Centre and have to use the regular delivery suite instead. At first I was kind of miffed because I am only just over the BMI of 30 and it's a new rule because of a situation they had recently where a very obese lady had to be transferred to the delivery suite in the middle of labour because of complications and they had trouble. I just don't think it's the same situation for me but I understand that there has to be a rule for everyone. On the other hand, I don't feel so bad about it now because I can still have the active birth I want in the delivery suite, and also the closer I get to labour the more nervous I am and I now think if I do decide I want an epidural then it will be available and I won't need to be transferred from Birthing Centre to Delivery Suite for it. So I'm ok with it now.

The only thing that bothers me is a niggling little voice reprimanding me for not getting my BMI down further. I mean, this pregnancy wasn't planned and I was heading in the right direction and making progress when it happened, so I shouldn't beat myself up about it, but there's just that little voice that pipes up once in a while. It has though, made me determined to lose the baby weight and much more in order to get to the right place for next time, if we can and do decide to have a second child.

1 comment:

The Fat Foreigner said...

Thanks!

I have't spoken to you in so long! Good luck with your delivery and I'm looking forward to cute baby pictures!

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.