Is there anyone still there? If you are, thank you so much! I can't believe how long it has been since I've posted but life has been so incredibly hectic. Aside from baby stuff I've had to help my dad move twice, and he lived with us for the best part of a month too, which was stressful. Now we're helping him get settled in his new place but there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel.
I am still cooking this precious little bun, who is growing nicely. I am now in my third trimester and I cannot believe how the time has flown by. It won't be long now before I quit work for a while (which I can't wait to do!) and bring home a little person. So far it's all been a pretty positive experience, the baby and me seem to be healthy and well. I've started buying baby stuff and prepping for the new arrival, which is a lot of fun, and I can't wait until I finish working so I can really focus on it.
I finally stopped throwing up around week 25 of my pregnancy, and have felt so much better in general. I've had more energy and just been excited about the coming months. My bump has got big in the last couple of months and I finally stopped feeling fat and struggling with the idea that I'm gaining weight after all my hard work. Not that I wasn't always aware that I'm pregnant, not fat, and the weight gain is normal and necessary, but it's still a strange thing when I have concentrated on losing weight for all this time before the pregnancy. I am now proud of my bump and really love feeling and looking really pregnant at last. And the real novelty for me now is wearing tight fitting clothes. For the first time in my life tight clothes are actually more flattering! Anything that is baggy or flowing looks tent-like, so I have finally started wearing maternity tops that hug and show off my bump and I love it. I still have a fair bit of growing to do before d-day though, I think I read that Baby will double to triple in size over the next couple of months. Scary! I am starting to feel quite heavy and the tiredness I felt in early pregnancy is returning, not to mention every little physical thing takes longer and feels slower and harder now. The commute to and from work is the toughest it has ever been. Did I mention I can't wait to stop working?
I have also started to need to pee constantly again, and the baby has earned himself the nickname Bob, which stands for Baby On Bladder! My nights are always broken now and I go to work tired because of constantly getting up to pee, and just general discomfort - turning over in bed is a momentous effort that I need to actually wake up for! I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining, because as uncomfortable as I am right now I couldn't be happier or any more excited to be in this situation. What totally makes up for all of it right now is feeling Bob moving around all the time. Sometimes he kicks a little too hard and it's an uncomfortable surprise but I still love to feel every movement, every kick, every roll, every jab.
I'm sorry I've been neglecting a lot of your blogs. For a while I barely had any free time to read them but in the last month or two I have started taking the bus to work as the tube became simply unbearable and I opted for a longer, slower journey that was above ground over being stuck in tunnels, being shoved around and crammed in with agitated people. This has meant a chance to catch up on blog reading since being above ground means internet access on my iPhone. I was a little disappointed to see some of my regular reads have been a little absent too. It makes me feel less bad about my own lack of posting but I find myself wondering why people have lost the will to blog lately.
I have of course been mixing it up a little bit with some pregnancy blogs too. I'm thinking about starting one myself. So I have yet another one to neglect!!
Sunday, 11 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Labels
- Alcohol (1)
- Baby (10)
- Clothes (3)
- Compliments (1)
- Eating out (4)
- Exercise (11)
- Food (7)
- General update (7)
- Goals (2)
- Health (3)
- Healthy You Challenge (66)
- Holidays (7)
- Hunger (2)
- Moods (3)
- Moving (1)
- Property purchase (7)
- Random musings (1)
- Setbacks (2)
- Sickness (4)
- Social events (5)
- Weekends (2)
- Weigh in (8)
- Weightwatchers (2)

2 comments:
so glad to hear from you! Im happy to hear that your pregnancy is going well! sounds like a lot of changes, but glad that you seem to be coping well. hope to hear from you soon!
I'm still here....wasn't sure if you'd be coming back but I love the update...glad you and baby and family are doing well....keep up the baby growing!
Post a Comment