Wednesday, 10 June 2009

HYC Check In - Week 23

Gosh! This week went by so quickly. It's been so crazy busy, that's why. This week has been spent arranging things for the move next week, and booking our shotgun wedding! We set a date of 2nd July since we are going away for a long weekend on the 3rd and figured it could be a kind of honeymoon. We decided to do a short, quick and simple civil ceremony at the registry office where J's parents got married almost 40 years ago, and follow it with a nice lunch at Gordon Ramsay's flagship restaurant. We plan to have a proper wedding, probably in California, after the baby is born. I would like to be able to drink Champagne at my own wedding!

Yesterday we started shopping for engagement rings and wedding bands, which was surprisingly stressful! Next stop Tiffany's on Saturday!

I am growing rapidly and it feels weird. I mean, I wouldn't change anything and I know it's all a natural and necessary part of the process but having spent so long focusing on making my middle shrink it still feels uneasy to feel it grow rapidly again! But once it gets to a certain stage and I actually look more pregnant I'll probably get a kick out of it. Right now I still just feel fat! I'm still feeling sick too. It is supposed to be easing up around now but seems to be back with a vengeance for one last hurrah! At least I'm not feeling quite as tired as I was and hopefully my energy will return to normal soon.

I'm still not caught up on my blog reading. Hope everyone is doing well. We're almost half way through the year now!!

3 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. ;-) So glad the ultrasound went well and baby is healthy. Take care of yourself.
Path to Health

Hanlie said...

I'm very excited about the wedding! Good luck with all the arrangements... I also had a quickie wedding, although not a shotgun wedding!

Trisaratops said...

I'm so glad that everyone is so happy for you - and that you're on to wedding planning! I hope the sickness goes away soon - or gets better, at least.

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.