Sunday, 2 May 2010

General update

So, I'm doing pretty good. My back is much better, which is a great start. I've been going to a postnatal Pilates class but I'm not convinced it's helped that much and after this course is done in 5 weeks I don't think I will go again, I can't justify the expense.

On that note, I have started this whole, "will I join the gym or won't I?" dance again. I keep having this conversation with myself over and over. I feel like I should do it but just can't afford it now that I am no longer receiving a salary. I'm also still in two minds about leaving Baby in the creche. On the one hand I think I should start doing it, to get us both used to him being taken care of by other people, but then I still feel really hesitant about it. I've looked into doing postnatal activities and there are limited offerings but there are offerings. Having said that, they are of course expensive because they prey on middle class "yummy mummies" and I figure if I were to do a couple of those it would amount to a cost similar to a monthly gym membership and with the gym there is a lot of variety of activities. Still, it's tough to justify it to my hubby when I am no longer contributing to our monthly bills and mortgage. What to do??

I am losing weight but very very slowly. My eating could be better. I am still eating too much sweet stuff, and probably out of habit now more than need, so I could do better at resisting. Just thinking about it for a minute before just thoughtlessly diving face first into a cupcake would probably be a good start!! I'm walking a lot now. I'm pretty pleased with how I've built up stamina. As long as I'm wearing the right shoes I can walk around the whole day with the stroller without getting too tired, and when I think about how out of breath I would get doing a small fraction of that distance a couple of months ago I feel pretty good. It's really enjoyable now that the weather has brightened up (until this weekend when it got wet!) and I look forward to lots of summer walks in the park with the little one.

Life is good!


1 comment:

Heather said...

glad that you posted and Im happy that things are settling down and you are doing much better. its always hard to get back into things but I think it sounds like you are doing great. as for exercise, to quote jillian michaels, all you need is your own body and resistance. so if you dont have the money for the gym, then just do what you are doing - walking. or invest in a good dvd that will work you out on your own time in your own house so all you are paying is like $15 for a dvd which will last you a long time and is so much cheaper than the gym. Thats a good place to start and then when you have some money saved up, you can hit the gym again.

Copyright © 2009 The Thin Girl Within Me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.